Metro Manila still under week-long GCQ, to shift to ECQ starting August 6

CNN – Published and Updated Jul 30, 2021 2:20:00 PM

Metro Manila will remain under general community quarantine with “heightened and additional” restrictions until Aug. 5, but will revert to the strictest enhanced community quarantine on Aug. 6 to 20.

Harry Roque, spokesperson of the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases, made the announcement on Friday, a day after the task force met with Metro Manila mayors.

The local chief executives have been calling for the imposition of the strictest form of quarantine following a rise in COVID-19 cases due to the Delta variant.

Metropolitan Manila Development Authority Chairman Benhur Abalos told CNN Philippines that the national government has already approved the request of local chief executives in the NCR to distribute cash aid to the affected families during the two-week ECQ.

It has also committed to ramp up vaccination to around 250,000 daily during this period, Abalos said.

Under the latest IATF Resolution 130-A, outdoor dining will not be allowed under the stricter GCQ starting July 31. Take-out and food deliveries are the only services allowed.

Starting July 30, personal care services can operate up to 30% of venue or seating capacity. Indoor sports courts and venues; and indoor tourist attractions; and specialized markets of the Department of Tourism will not be allowed to operate.

Public transportation will remain operational. Only authorized persons can travel into and outside NCR Plus composed of Metro Manila, Cavite, Rizal, Bulacan, Laguna.

Only virtual religious gatherings shall be allowed starting July 30.

Outdoor tourist attractions will also still be allowed but at 30% venue capacity.

Speaking to CNN Philippines’ The Source on Friday, Marikina Mayor Marcy Teodoro said he and other Metro Manila local chief executives appealed to the IATF to go back to ECQ, after their localities saw a “significant increase” in COVID-19 cases. Marikina alone reported 25 new cases on Thursday, higher than the two to three daily cases being reported by the city last week.

Roque reminded the public not to resort to “panic buying” since they have a week to prepare for the ECQ. Businesses that will be affected are also encouraged to make the necessary preparations.

Areas with other restrictions

Iloilo City, the entire Iloilo province, Cagayan de Oro and Gingoog City in Misamis Oriental will be under ECQ from Aug.1 to 7.

Placed under modified ECQ were the provinces of Ilocos Norte, Bataan, Lapu-Lapu City, Mandaue City from Aug. 1 to 15.

Cebu City and Cebu Province are also under MECQ but subject to further appeals by their respective local government units.

Placed under GCQ with heightened restrictions from Aug. 1 to 15 were Ilocos Sur, Cagayan, Bulacan, Cavite, Rizal, Laguna, Lucena City, Naga City, Antique, Aklan, Bacolod City, Capiz, Negros Oriental, Zamboanga del Sur, Misamis Oriental, Davao City, Davao del Norte, Davao Occidental, Davao de Oro and Butuan City.

Under GCQ are Baguio City, Apayao, Quirino, Isabela including Santiago City, Nueva Vizcaya, Batangas, Quezon, Puerto Princesa City, Guimaras, Negros Occidental, Zamboanga Sibugay, Zamboanga del Norte, Zamboanga City, Davao Oriental, Davao del Sur, General Santos City, Sultan Kudarat, Sarangani, North and South Cotabato, Agusan del Norte, Agusan del Sur, Surigao del Norte, Surigao del Sur, Dinagat Islands and Cotabato City.

The rest of the country will be under modified GCQ.

SOURCE: https://cnnphilippines.com/news/2021/7/30/Metro-Manila-GCQ-stricter-restrictions.html?fb

WP2Social Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com