Odette outage: Power back in parts of Visayas, Mindanao on Christmas day
CNN – Published Dec 20, 2021 1:18:00 PM

Metro Manila — The National Grid Corporation of the Philippines has brought back power transmission services in some areas in Visayas hit by Typhoon Odette.
The NGCP said Monday it has extended its alternative power restoration scheme to Samar, Leyte, and Cebu, which experienced outages.
The restoration of the damaged lines is currently underway. Three backbone lines in Cebu are set for energization on Dec. 21 and 22, while the one in Leyte is targeted to be fixed anytime Monday.
“Assessment of the extent of damage in other parts of Leyte, Negros, and Bohol are ongoing,” the NGCP said.
As of Sunday afternoon, at least 12 towers and 462 transmission structures were found damaged by Odette.
The NGCP also targets the restoration of power for typhoon-hit provinces in Mindanao on or before Dec. 25:
– Agusan del Sur and Agusan del Norte (ASELCO and ANECO) — Dec. 20
– Surigao del Sur and Surigao del Norte, including Siargao Island (SURNECO, SIARELCO, SURSECO II) — Dec. 25
“We appeal for the cooperation of all landowners in the ongoing restoration activities,” the NGCP said.
The agency has so far restored power transmission services in the provinces of Capiz, Antique, Iloilo, Biliran, Camiguin, Misamis Oriental, Misamis Occidental, Lanao del Norte, Zamboanga del Sur, and Davao Oriental.
Odette — which caused damage to power and communication lines, agriculture, and infrastructures mostly in Visayas and Mindanao — left the Philippine Area of Responsibility on Saturday.
SOURCE: https://cnnphilippines.com/news/2021/12/20/power-restoration-Visayas-Mindanao-NGCP-Odette.html?fb&fbclid=IwAR3nsYT3BpZ6gUefyccj3l0hgTJZXdz-M2dDb4Y0TCoS4Y1sbYa56-vf7nk

