DOH logs 85 firecracker-related injuries, down from 96 in 2020

By TED CORDERO, GMA News

Published January 1, 2022 1:28pm

The Department of Health (DOH) has so far tallied 85 firecracker and-firework-related injuries as of Saturday morning following the New Year revelries.

Citing latest data from the DOH’s firework-related injury surveillance from December 21, 2021 up to January 1, 2022, Health Secretary Francisco Duque III said the number of injuries so far is 11% lower than the 96 cases reported in 2020.

“This is an improvement in terms of less firework-related injuries,” Duque said.

However, he said that the number of cases may still rise in the next few days due to late reports.

The Health chief said that the National Capital Region accounted for the lion’s share of firecracker-related injuries at 36%.

SOURCE: https://www.gmanetwork.com/news/topstories/nation/816643/doh-logs-85-firecracker-related-injuries-down-from-96-in-2020/story/