Personal tools
You are here: Home COVID 19 2 women under investigation for coronavirus die in Negros Oriental
COVID 19
COVID19 info

2 women under investigation for coronavirus die in Negros Oriental

ABS-CBN News Posted at Mar 25 2020 10:59 PM Negros Oriental - Two patients under investigation (PUIs) for the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) died in Negros Oriental on Wednesday, local authorities said.

The 2 female patients, aged 59 and 40, passed away at the Negros Oriental Provincial Hospital, the provincial health office said.

The women were earlier brought to the hospital for hypertension, but were transferred to an isolation room after experiencing coughs.

 

Local authorities are still waiting for the results of the patients' swab samples that were sent to the state-run Research Institute for Tropical Medicine in Muntinlupa City.

So far, 3 COVID-19 PUIs in the province have died.

Data from the Department of Health (DOH) showed that nearly half of COVID-19 fatalities in the Philippines got their test results on the day of or after their deaths.

Of the 35 fatalities reported by DOH as of March 24, 11 died before they were confirmed to have caught COVID-19, while 6 others died on the same day their test results were released, accounting for 49 percent.

The state health agency earlier said the country did not have enough test kits for COVID-19.

To date, there are 636 confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus in the Philippines. Of the number, 38 have died while 26 have recuperated.

SOURCE: https://news.abs-cbn.com/news/03/25/20/2-women-under-investigation-for-coronavirus-die-in-negros-oriental

Document Actions
  • Powered by Digital Information Systems and Technologies