Skip to content. | Skip to navigation

Personal tools
You are here: Home ARMED CONFLICT Military ops vs. Abu Sayyaf in Basilan reach fifth day

Military ops vs. Abu Sayyaf in Basilan reach fifth day

Published April 13, 2016 8:52pm Military operations against the Abu Sayyaf in Tipo-Tipo, Basilan, reached its fifth day on Wednesday, with three more terrorists killed, a military official said.

The latest fatalities brought the number of Abu Sayyaf fatalities to 27, although two bodies have so far been recovered, including that of Moroccan national Mohammad Khattab, an alleged expert bomb maker.

"This is part of the pursuit operation, dinadahan-dahan natin," said Maj. Filemon Tan, spokesman of the military’s Western Mindanao Command, regarding the operation.

Clashes started Saturday in Barangay Baguindan where 18 soldiers, including a junior officer, were killed and over 50 others were injured in an ambush.

Tan said Wednesday's encounter happened in the same barangay and involved forces from the Army's 104th Brigade and an undetermind number of Abu Sayyaf terrorists. He said the clash lasted for two hours.

No one was injured on the side of the military, Tan said. —KBK, GMA News


Source: www.gmanetwork.com

 

Document Actions
  • Powered by Digital Information Systems and Technologies